From Joe Burnett, President & CEO:
In this first newsletter of 2022, I am delighted to celebrate some of our company's 2021 successes. Last year, our talented Clinical Specialist and Operations teams supported a record 929 procedures in the United States and Europe, in spite of the headwinds created by the Delta and Omicron variants. On the Biologics and Drug Delivery side of our business, we added 15 additional pharmaceutical and academic partnerships across multiple indications, bringing our current total to approximately 40 programs covering over 35 indications.
We are closely monitoring the evolving geopolitical situation and cannot yet predict its impact on our company and the world. However, we believe that our team, our strategy and our healthy balance sheet give ClearPoint a significant advantage in the face of uncertainty. As you'll see below, our team continues to do what we've always done: keep our heads down, execute and serve your patients.
If you have any questions for me or our team, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Please Share with Patients Considering DBS: Dr. Paul Larson's Upcoming DBS Patient Education Webinar on Wednesday 03/30 at 11AM Pacific (2PM EST)
ClearPoint Neuro is pleased to launch our new ClearPoint Champions Hour: Patient Education Series. In this edition, neurosurgeon Dr. Paul Larson discusses Patient-Centric Development of Awake and Asleep Treatment Options in Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS). Join us on Wednesday, March 30th, 2022 at 11AM Pacific (2PM EST) for this free educational webinar for patients. Live Q&A will be included. The webinar will be available to watch HERE after the event. Click Here to Register
Join Us for a New Edition of our Peer-to-Peer Webinar Series: Expanding Neurosurgical Techniques in the MRI Space
Please join us on May 13th, 2022 at 10AM Eastern (7AM PST) for our ClearPoint On-Demand Webinar Series. In this edition, Dr. Hooman Azmi will share his institution's experience Expanding Neurosurgical Techniques in the MRI Space. This free peer-to-peer educational webinar is suitable for neurosurgeons, hospital administrators, and pharmaceutical partners interested in initiating neurosurgical procedures in a diagnostic MRI setting. Live Q&A at the program's end. Click Here to Register
Professional MMA fighting taught Sam Ortiz, father of four, how to be tough. After being diagnosed with Young Onset Parkinson’s Disease at age 36, he had the option to have his DBS leads placed while awake, or guided by MRI under general anesthesia. Hear how his personal DBS journey under the care of Dr. Jessica Wilden positively impacted his life and his family. Click Here to Watch
Every quarter we add new Medline-indexed, peer-reviewed publications featuring use of ClearPoint technology across our portfolio of indications. Our bibliography currently features over 60 manuscripts, many of which are Open Access. Click Here to See Our Full Bibliography
- Sterk B, et al. Initial clinical experience with ClearPoint SmartFrame Array®-aided stereotactic procedures. World Neurosurg. 2022;S1878-8750(22)00242-X.
- Taha BR, et al. Learning Curve Associated with ClearPoint Neuronavigation System: A Case Series. World Neurosurg X. 2021;13:100115. Published 2021 Dec 16
- Salegio EA, et al. Feasibility of Targeted Delivery of AAV5-GFP into the Cerebellum of Nonhuman Primates Following a Single Convection-Enhanced Delivery Infusion. Hum Gene Ther. 2022;33(1-2):86-93
- Keiser MS, et al. Toxicity after AAV delivery of RNAi expression constructs into nonhuman primate brain. Nat Med. 2021;27(11):1982-1989.
- Rich CW, et al. MRI-guided stereotactic laser corpus callosotomy for epilepsy: distinct methods and outcomes [published online ahead of print, 2021 Jan 22]. J Neurosurg. 2021;1-13.
- Pearson TS, et al. Gene therapy for aromatic L-amino acid decarboxylase deficiency by MR-guided direct delivery of AAV2-AADC to midbrain dopaminergic neurons. Nat Commun. 2021;12(1):4251. Published 2021 Jul 12
ClearPoint is proud to announce a huge milestone – we have shipped over 5,000 SmartFlow Cannulas since the first one left our Irvine manufacturing facility in 2011! In addition to approved indications, ClearPoint devices have enabled our partners and customers to study groundbreaking new therapies in their approved clinical studies, and to explore potentially life-changing outcomes for patients. A big thanks to our team for their ongoing hard work and dedication. Click Here to Learn More
Performance improvement has always been a priority for hospitals. Optimizing case proficiency is more important than ever for our customers. Our ClearPoint Neuro Clinical Operations team has expertise with ClearPoint workflow techniques that may help you to gain confidence and enhance your ClearPoint case performance. Click Here to Learn More